Saturday, 8 August 2026

Easy Riders, 5 August

It was a long  time ago, whilst  chatting with our C riders at Chobham when I said that I wouldn't mind leading to Ripley. 

(Just a short ride...)

I was reminded of this last week, hence I did just that...lead this lovely group to Ripley.

The route zig zagged a little to add some interest!!

We crossed The Mole, along the  track to Downside, across to Plough Lane, turned left...then another left at the crossroads. 

After several more rights and lefts (or was it lefts and rights), we were at Send where the road was closed! We chanced it, no problem!

I stopped at Send Manor for a few moments just to let everyone know that this 17th century, Grade 2 listed property is for sale!!! A consortium was mentioned...then we rode on  to our lunch venue, the Seven Stars,  where we were well looked after.

This is a bike friendly pub with specific bike parking.

Regrettably, I didn't take any photos - a real shame 😏

Terry had joined us as far as Effingham and Bill was at the pub when we arrived at 13.15

Helen, Frank, Colin, Ann and John, Sandy and John, Martina, Maureen and Tony.

After lunch we went our seperate ways. Tony and myself home via West Byfleet and I believe t'others via Cobham?

My thanks to everyone for your enjoyable company. Pam😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Comments are occasionally sent to the admins for approval so your comment may not appear immediately.