Thursday, 23 July 2026

Report for B Group - 22nd July

Le Col de Coldharbour, aka Boar Lane, according to google AI: 'It is a renowned, notoriously punchy 1.9-mile cycling climb in the Surrey Hills, peaking at gradients of up to 18%.'

Team photo at the summit

Only seven riders turned up at Dorking for my ride to Tanhouse farm; 'was it something I said?' I thought!!

And then I realised that I had said the word Coldharbour!!! Which means a steep climb.

Steph, storming up the pass 

 

Well that was a laugh!


Observing the speed limit

Anne on the steep bit


Chasing the leaders

Perhaps I'll go back and do it again! 


Don't make me laugh, I'll fall off!


Surely we are nearly there?


Too fast for the photographer


     Ride Leader and Mischief Maker Pete


Keith leading with his A Group legs 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pete in the slipstream of his lead-out man

 

We were up in no time, so I don’t know what all the fuss was about!! 

Beautiful stained glass
And then it was full speed ahead and down the other side to Walliswood calling in to see the 13th century Okewood church of St John the Baptist. Absolutely fascinating!

... and we never knew that it was there



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then onwards to Tanhouse farm via Rusper whereupon a lovely lunch was consumed.

Lunch at Tanhouse Farm


 
Tim tucks in while Mick enjoys his glass of water

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you all for your great company.

~ Pete B.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Comments are occasionally sent to the admins for approval so your comment may not appear immediately.